Friday 3 June 2011

Rocket Girl Rig Part 4: Finalizing the Rig

Now having the greater part of the rig functionality sorted, I moved on to the final stages of rigging. Now using the UV'd model for the Rocketgirl, I begin organizing the blandshapes that may be used in the future for facial expressions. The director communicated that she should be able to smile/frown with prodominantly curious/nervous and hesitant features. I set up my facial control in such a way as to create animator friendly handles. 
The UV'd model

Setting up the Blendshapes


The final look of the rig


Testing the Final Rig!

Here are some final tests that I made to ensure that all of the controls I had created so far were functioning correctly. I usually test my Rig by placing the character into extreme poses. Please see the following links which are the final aspects of rigging the rocket girl. We have also decided that the animators will be referencing the rig. If they should have any requests/feedback on errors, I will be able to work it to their needs.

















No comments:

Post a Comment